Professional Homogenizer Rebuilders
At Dairy Engineering Company, we have vast experience in both the operation and maintenance of APV / Manton / Gaulin Homogenizers and High Pressure Pumps. We have the ability, people, and experience to configure and build the homogenizer that you need for your application – not just offer you whatever configuration suited the previous owner. We only sell completely rebuilt homogenizers and high pressure pumps. Our standard rebuilding service includes the following:
- Disassembly of cylinder block including removal of all studs and inspection of threads. Full polishing before re-assembly.
- All new/rebuilt cylinder internal parts including plungers, packing adjusting rings, springs, etc.
- Complete rebuild of homogenizing valve(s) including new seals and elastomers. All new/reground homogenizing valve parts.
- Shop test at pressure. Can be witnessed, if desired.
- Stripping / re-painting of mild-steel drive-end surface.
- Complete rebuild of machine drive-end including inspection/replacement/repair of all drive components, seals, bearings, etc.
- All bearing surfaces are inspected or rebuilt to within factory recommended tolerances.
- All new / rebuilt hydraulic & lube oil systems, where applicable.
- Motor inspection and testing under load w/ repairs as necessary.
- Comprehensive testing of all rebuilt machines at full pressure
- Cosmetic polishing of stainless steel surfaces, as necessary. Loosening of all adjustable legs
- All machines are placed on a skid, provided with protective wrap, and carefully loaded on a flatbed carrier
- Rebuild workmanship is guaranteed for a full year. Cylinder block is guaranteed to be sound and working upon arrival
We generally separate homogenizer applications into the following categories:
- Production - Standard single or 2-stage homogenizers in a wide range of sizes & configurations to suit many different production applications
- Lab - While not always "benchtop", these homogenizers are used for laboratory scale testing.
- Specialty – Ultra High Pressure homogenizers often built for pharmaceutical applications like cell rupture and liposome creation.
- Obsolete - These older machines are available for parts - either whole or a piece at a time.
For more information on Gaulin Homogenizers and their history, please see gaulinhomogenizer.com